Tuesday 24 July 2012

time is now

Well, the word is in and retrieval day is tomorrow. I have 4-5 follies to transfer and we will be doing ICSI with all of them so I hope they are all healthy and fertilize...In my perfect world they would all be amazing quality, all would fertlize and we could transfer two and freeze the others...so fingers crossed.

I was feeling anxious, not about the procedure as I have been through it before and really don't remember it  as I was so drugged up. But I was more worried about the finality of this cycle. We have said that this would be our last kick at the can in the world of fertility and all of a sudden it sunk in that if this doesn't work that's it, that is all she wrote. I expressed this to my acupuncturist and she reminded me that we are allowed to change our minds anytime we want, that just because we have said it does not mean we have to stand by it. We have a choice, I have a choice. Knowing this, being told this has made all the difference the fear is gone, I am going into this process happy and confident.

So tomorrow morning my lovely follies will be leaving my body and onto greener pastures only to return to nestle in to make a baby. :)

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment