Saturday 23 June 2012

things don't always come up roses...

It has been a rough couple of days here in our world. Yesterday when I went in for u/s I was only measuring two follies..today, day 6 of my injection,s still the same. I knew it was not good news this morning when the IVF nurse sent the doctor in to see me. I knew it was even worse news when he said "It is never good when i have to sit down with a patient"

Here is the basic gist of things. Follies are not growing as they would like..at this point it has been recommended that we switch to an IUI. The rational is that to pay a huge lump sum of money to get a max of two follies seems silly. Especially since J.T's sperm is good. Of course i was by myself throughout this conversation as J.T had to work and so of course I cried all the way home. It just seems to unfair so much effort and time and pain to end up back at IUI. Will my body just not respond to IVF medication???

I spoke with J.P's wife, who is lovely, as she is a doctor in the world of fertilty and she was nice enough to give me a call and she said her gut would be to go with an IUI this cycle.

So here we are 3000.00 of medication later and we are onto IUI. again. I am sad, frustrated, hormonal and hopeful.

Now I just have to wait until J.T gets home to tell him.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment